sked

sked

Monday 3 November 2014

Found some time to carve.

Ive been very bust recently with work and other things but managed some time to carve some very nice silver Birch.
I have also recieved in the post from Israel a lovely eating spoon from a friend Yoav Elkayam. Along with this wonderfull hand drawn envelope.


I met Yoav at Spoonfest this year and gifted him a little salt spoon from Birch.
I was delighted with his spoon and enjoyed eating my breakfast with it.


In fact I have used it daily ever since and it's a great spoon.

I also saw a post by another friend Sharif Adams, he wrote on his blog of an Apple wood spoon I gave him when I visited his home for a bowl carving course at the start of the year. He has been using it a lot since and it's one of his favourite spoons.


Mine is the one on the left with a very nice patina, I am thrilled that my spoons are enjoyed and used daily, it's a great compliment.

Finding some carving time at the weekend was very much needed and carving this rather nice Birch wood was very rewarding.




I am enjoying carving serving spoons at the moment, I'm also enjoying playing around with some different designs and styles.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These spoons look good, and made beautifully. Can you tell us from where we can order it? Thank you for sharing it with us and keep posting more such posts

    ReplyDelete