sked

sked

Friday 25 February 2011

Alder spoon and Kuksa so far.

I got hold of some Alder yesterday, I love carving with Alder, its colour, how it carves and how it finishes make it one of my favourite. My Nephew who is 6 asked me last weekend if I could make him a spoon and a Kuksa after seeing the ones around the kitchen, so I thought I would make them out of the Alder.

Heres some pics from today



Adzing out the Kuksa.



Smoothing the inside with the gouge.



Next stage is to thin and shape the outside.

The spoon is almost done just to leave to dry and then finish with the knife.





4 comments:

  1. grand stuff Simon, reminds me, i need to get round to carving the next Kuksa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks fella, I must say I'm enjoying carving this one.

    All the best.

    Simon.

    ReplyDelete